Tuesday, April 12, 2005

my mistake


I'm Feeling: kinda mellow
Background Noise: Flashdance - What a Feeling by Irene Cara

I must apologize - I skipped over the fact that yesterday, April 11, was Barbershop Quartet Day. I'm so sorry. Not sure what was happening in my brain that I missed that one. When I Googled "barbershop quartet" - I got 213,000 websites. Multiply that by 4 people in each quartet - 852,000 folks dressed up in stripey vests and straw hats. Interesting.

I only have nine appointments today - practically nothing! I switched back to my good old half hour appointments (I had bumped them up to 20 minutes for "busy season" ie. enrollment), so now I have slightly more manageable workloads.

Thought for the day: The average person is about a quarter of an inch taller at night. Wild. I always feel shorter at night, mostly because I'm all slouchy with sleepiness.

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Katie I just cannot wrap my mind around the fact that you posted. How can we be taller at night? I just don't get it...do we shrink then in the morning. I can't fathom this. See you tonight. I think you told me folks are coming by your house tonight. I hope so I invited Dana!

Katie said...

I don't really get it either. I just read it online - so it must be true, right?!? :) Maybe it's because our muscles are all stretched out at night and we stand up straighter - or maybe our spines get all compacted while we sleep. Does anyone know the answer?
See you tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think that is backwords. Or maybe they meant at night like when you are sleeping. Your spinal cord compresses throughout the day and you should actually be shorter by the end of the day --- but it decompresses at night so in the morning you are supposed to be taller..... at least that's what my MSU Physiology class said!!! :)