Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Back in the States


I'm Feeling: relaxed
Background Noise: Grace Flows Down by Heather Rider

Hello!!! It's good to be home - I actually missed blogging a little while we were away (although the trip was so busy, there wasn't much time to think about it). Once I get some pics developed, I'll start sharing a little more about the trip - suffice it to say we had fun, saw a LOT of stuff, and spent some money! :)

I woke up this morning at 3:30am or so to the sound of the guest room door being blown open and shut by the wind (it doesn't latch well on its own)... then I noticed lightning, and soon after, thunder. Now you know I love storms, but not quite as much when it means that I have to shut the windows in my un-airconditioned house (it actually reached 90 degrees inside our house last night - yucko!) The rain cooled things off for an hour or two, but the temp is quickly climbing back up toward 90. I really like summer, but I'm only a fan of sweating if I deserve to be sweating. And sitting in your living room reading a book is NOT an activity during which you deserve to sweat. Hopefully it will feel a little cooler today - but God bless the sunshine!! It's fantastic, and gorgeous to look outside - green trees and grass and blue skies. Gotta love it. Yesterday morning was one of those times that makes me wish I didn't have to do any work during the summer - just lounge around my house and get things done, play in the flower beds and work on some projects. Under a big tree (which we don't have) in the front yard (which can't really be qualified as a yard yet, although it's getting closer, much to the relief of our neighbors).

Thought for the day: No word in the English language rhymes with the month, orange, silver and purple. Seems hard to believe... what about trunth, blorange, dwilver and quirple??

0 thoughts: