Tuesday, December 13, 2005

break it down...


I'm Feeling: relaxed
Background Noise: Hands of the Potter by Caedmon's Call

Here are the first 20 songs that came up when I put my iTunes on "shuffle" this morning:
1. Respect by Aretha Franklin
2. Santa Fe from the soundtrack to RENT
3. How Do I Get There by Deana Carter
4. Your Song from the soundtrack to Moulin Rouge
5. The World's Greatest by R. Kelly
6. Wither, I'm a Flower by Whiskeytown
7. Turn Me On by Norah Jones
8. Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder
9. Make Me Smile by Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
10. Addicted to Love by Robert Palmer
11. Light My Candle from the soundtrack to RENT
12. Letter in the Mail by James Taylor
13. Argue by Matchbox 20
14. Sloop John B by The Beach Boys
15. God Only Knows by The Beach Boys
16. After All by PW Gopal
17. My Life by Billy Joel
18. American Pie by Don McLean
19. Trust in the Lord by Scott & Heather Rider
20. Day by Day by Point of Grace

A little random, but not a bad cross-section of what's on my computer. Plus, I think iTunes is selective, and tends to shuffle back toward the songs it likes... our technology really is getting too advanced.

The "Word of the Day" on my calendar today is "exiguous" which apparently means "excessively scanty." Is it just me, or is that kinda like "jumbo shrimp"?? Maybe I'm just feeling picky this morning.

My favorite part of this past weekend was Sunday evening - I met with Christy, Natalee, Courtney and Ellen (all 7th graders at Mason Middle School, who come to WyldLife) for small group bible study for the first time. I was SO encouraged by them - awesome, funny, caring gals who really want to get to know Jesus better. Loved it.

What was your favorite thing this weekend?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Sat. was our big family party. Michael hated the present that I bought for him and carried on quite dramatically... tears and all! Later that night he "won" a Darth Tator. That made his day :)

Very enjoyable time. It was fun to see cousins that I haven't seen in forever. You know it's been awhile when someone says to you "you have two kids? I never knew you were pregnant the first time!". My oldest, Michael, is now 4. Funny!

Anonymous said...

hey katie!! thank you so much for helping!!! it helped so much! but today we learned something NEW!!! i dont really understand it but yea. thankx a million!
<3333 al