Tuesday, July 11, 2006

still kickin'

I'm Feeling: out of the loop - it's been too long!!
Background Noise: Why Walk When You Can Fly by Mary Chapin Carpenter

Here's what's happened in the last 7 days since I posted:
Worked on Thursday (Hooray for AOP) and Friday morning
Friday afternoon: Destination: Uncle Tom's Cabin
All weekend: eating, waterskiing, roasting marshmallows, hanging out with Mark's family, trying to not let the sun get me again (unsuccessful - my nose on Sunday would have put Rudolph to shame)
Monday: more AOP, then home to clean up a little and watch a North Country (in the picture)


I like movies a lot, and I try to rent one or two when Mark goes out of town (as he is now, and will be next week) - it gives me something fun to do while he's gone, and I can rent movies that he wouldn't normally be crazy about watching.

North Country is about the class-action sexual harrassment lawsuit brough by the women working in the mines in Northern Minnesota in the late 1980s. I thought it was really well-done... It's definitely not an "enjoyable" movie, but it kept me watching the whole time. That's $3.50 well spent. Posted by Picasa

1 thoughts:

Julie said...

You should get NetFlix. Not that I have it... it just sounds like a good deal and seems like it would fit your lifestyle.

Glad you had a great time at the cabin. Hope your nose feels better soon :)