Friday, January 05, 2007

whew

Today was really fun. I saw 21 students throughout the day - between Orientation and walk-in advising. I have to tell you - there's something awfully rewarding when you're able to sit down, connect with someone, make them laugh, and answer their questions. It doesn't sound like a hard job, and it's really not (as much as we like to pretend it is sometimes). It can be emotionally draining at times - but it's also really uplifting and encouraging. And I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating.

It's so humbling to realize how LITTLE it takes to make a difference to someone else. I have no excuses not to do it more often. Minimal (but genuine and well-meant) effort = all the difference in the world to (fill in the blank as it applies to your life).

I'm going to go home and put my feet up now. They hurt a little. But my heart feels great!

0 thoughts: