Monday, July 09, 2007

bed and breakfast

Mark and I celebrated our 5th anniversary on Friday with a weekend trip up to Ludington. We stayed at a log cabin B&B that was beautifully decorated and made me want to gut my house and put logs on the walls. We ate a lot of good food, walked along the water and through the state park, saw a movie, picked cherries, went to bed early, and generally enjoyed ourselves very much. It was so nice to get away for a weekend and just be in each other's company. We've been very blessed these five years.
Yesterday I made two cherry pies with the cherries we hand-picked over the weekend, and Mark and Brooks were happy to help me taste-test them last night (with a little vanilla ice cream, of course). Brooks is getting married in less than two weeks, and moving to the Atlanta area shortly after. We'll miss him a lot - more than we realize right now, I think. He surprised us with the 5th season of Scrubs on DVD last night (we've watched the first 4 seasons together this year), and we spent a couple happy hours watching some very funny episodes; again - just enjoying the company.
It was a good weekend.

1 thoughts:

Courtney said...

Happy anniversary! I'm glad you guys had such a good time! :)