Tuesday, September 11, 2007

what a difference!

Yesterday I walked through my day in a fog. After the busiest weeks of the year work-wise, and weekends of traveling and late nights - my poor body was running into the ground. I could feel it in my bones.
Last night I did virtually nothing (except have a few more snacks than I probably should have). I laid on the couch, read a little bit, and fell asleep watching reruns of Friends (it never gets old to me!)
I feel so. much. BETTER. today!! One good night's sleep can definitely make a world of difference.
On another note - I'm having a blast doing all kinds of baby-related research (like any crazy new-mama-to-be). I've surprised myself with unanticipated interest in things like natural childbirth, cloth diapers (including cloth wipes) and making my own baby food. I'm soaking up everything I can get my hands on. If anyone out there (I honestly have NO idea how many "lurkers" I have) has any experience or insight with these things - I'll take it!! I've already pestered a few people I've "met" online, and am SO PLEASED with the wealth of information - from real people (not just websites that are trying to get me to buy their fabulous product!) Leave me a note - or if you have a LOT to say, just click the "Email me!" link over on the righthand side!

3 thoughts:

Julie said...

I wish I would have done cloth diapers and wipes. I read a lot about it online from blog hopping a little bit too late. I'm so glad that you're looking into that! I live my life through you :)

Courtney said...

I have a friend here in St Louis who makes all of her own baby food. I can give you her email address if you like--I know whe'd be happy to share! She's a first-time mom, too. :) Oh, and I left you a note on Julie's blog. :) :)

Ashleigh Baker said...

Ahhh... Katie, we are kindred spirits. ;) Like I said in my email, I was shocked at the direction my thoughts turned when I was pregnant with Troy... I thought I'd shunned all this type of stuff long before, only to find myself going back to it when I was mama. :grin: I do think the Lord gives us mamas an overwhelming desire when we are pregnant to do everything we can for the very best for our babies, and thus this quest many of us begin. (NOT saying that doing these things is necessarily the best or not the best for anyone individually... just that almost all mommies do the same thing to some extent, and I really think it's from the Lord. :))

Natural birth, huh? We're planning, Lord willing there are no complications, a water birth in a nearby birth center with this bebe... natural as can be. My birth with Troy was just a typical hospital birth, epidural and the whole bit. I want to do things a bit differently this time, and God has completely, 100% opened the doors for what I was hoping for. (There's a link to my birth center/midwives' clinic on my sidebar.) I can't give much advice YET, but ask me again after the baby is born!