Tuesday, October 23, 2007

some things are inevitable

I've been slowly realizing over the past few weeks that my pregnancy weight gain is not (despite what others try to tell me) limited to my belly. It's actually quietly leaking all over my body.
I can handle this - my baby is healthy and growing, and I'm trying really hard to not be vain or self-conscious.
But I really don't like the chubby-faced look.
When I look at pictures, I see this puffy face - and it doesn't look like me. (Actually, it looks a little like me about 3 or 4 years ago when I was 15 pounds heavier than my pre-pregnancy weight). But that girl has been gone for awhile now.
*sigh* I know these things are unavoidable, and I know they'll go back to normal (ish) post-pregnancy. But man, some days it IS tough to feel in any way attractive.
Good thing my husband promised to love me no matter what. :)

1 thoughts:

Wendy said...

just to encourage you, I gained 55 lbs and lost 30 ot it once Jake was born --- and the face weight came off first!