Monday, November 12, 2007

all in the shake

I shake a lot of hands throughout the day. Pretty much every student that comes into my office is greeted with a handshake. And one of my biggest pet peeves is the Wet Noodle Handshake.
Really - why bother offering your hand at all if you're just planning on laying it limply in my hand?
Today - I had a couple of disappointing Noodle Shakes... but the student who *just* left my office shook my hand so hard that I heard a sound similar to knuckles cracking. Except that it was my hand.
Maybe there is a happy medium.
In other news - my weekend of Nesting was fabulously productive - I hope this energy level keeps up! My house will be cleaner and more organized than any other time in the almost 4 years we've been there!

1 thoughts:

Julie said...

I dislike the duck bill shake. Are they afraid I'll break their hand if they do a full fledge shake?