Tuesday, February 26, 2008

new respect

This new job I have... "Mama" - is so much more than I could have imagined.
More rewarding.
More difficult.
More full of precious little moments.
More monotonous.
More overwhelming.
More joyful.
So. Much. More.

It's kind of wild. I'm overcome by how much I love this new little lady in my life. I absolutely adore watching my husband love her. I feel like I'm re-learning how to take care of myself and my home - to be dressed before 9:00am (like I am today) is such an accomplishment.
I do, also, have a new respect for blogging Mamas. I've been meaning to post for AGES - and although I can catch a few minutes to type up part of a post - it seems nigh impossible to actually finish one! (the birth story is almost done, by the way... hopefully it will be up soon!)
It's only my second day "on the job" since Mark was home with me most of last week - and the "task" part isn't too overwhelming. Right now, I'm trying to deal with this new identity I have. It's as if someone switched me overnight - from a person I knew very well, into someone I am just getting to know. It's a little scary, and cool at the same time... I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. One thing I do know - God is at work here. And all will go even more smoothly if I simply let Him work.

2 thoughts:

Unknown said...

I had passed along congratulations through Megan, but I think Hazel's birth warrants a more direct "CONGRATULATIONS!" I don't presume to know you or Mark very well (or, really, at all), but I feel confident enough to say that I'm sure you'll be great parents.

Mary Craig said...

Being dressed before 9:00 am (or at all!) IS an accomplishment! Don't let anyone tell you any different! :)

Glad you are enjoying your time with that sweet new baby.