Wednesday, February 13, 2008

running out of ways to say it (UPDATED for Anonymous)

Still no Baby B.
I have, however, crocheted a baby blanket, made 31 thank-you cards in anticipation of needing to thank people for various things in the coming weeks, crocheted a baby hat, done more laundry, and made another meal for the freezer. I would keep going, but there's basically no room left in the freezer, and my productivity would then become counter-productive.
I'd bake something, but Mark gave up sweets for Lent *** and it's WAY too dangerous to make something when I'm the only one around who would eat it. And I would eat it.
Last night I spent about a half hour bouncing around the house - literally. Still couldn't convince Baby to come out. I am the Amazing Dilated Woman.
From the beginning, I said I'd rather not have a Valentine's baby - it just seems like it could be a bummer of a birthday. So I'm betting that's what I'll get. And surprisingly enough - in the past few days, Valentine's Day has seemed like a better and better day to have a baby. Much better than, say - the 15th or 16th.
:)
*** In response to Anonymous's comment, you're correct - the tradition of giving something up for Lent is not practiced in the Bible. It is symbolic of the 40 days Jesus spent fasting in the desert. And although the practice itself doesn't have a Biblical basis, it can be a great way to refocus ourselves - whenever you find yourself wanting the thing you have given up, say a prayer. Use small sacrifices to remind yourself of the enormous sacrifice Christ made for us. And for the record - deciding NOT to give something up for Lent doesn't make you a bad person. It's just a tool that some people find really useful for focusing their thoughts on God.

2 thoughts:

Kaycee said...

A few years ago I had a teacher friend that was pregnant and due in September, I think on the 8th or so. She REALLY did not want her baby to have a Sept. 11th birthday because it was the first year after the towers fell. Her baby was born at 11:31 pm on September 10th....... so maybe you will have a similar experience??? :) Or at 12:01am on Feb. 15? Thanks for updating us!

Anonymous said...

hang in there. It will come. I have a question i guess i should ask Mark but i'll ask instead When did Christians start doing the giving up for lent ? We don"t do Lend ! It isn't in the Bible . It is not from God .