Wednesday, May 28, 2008

i'm hopeless

I made a plea for input on good books to read a few weeks back. I visited our local library and have frequented the online catalog. I reserved a few books, and picked them up when they had been transferred to the branch in town. And since then, I've been useless for doing anything but sitting on my rear end and reading.
Oh, trivial little things get done - I've unpacked from our weekend adventures, and I tidied up the living room & kitchen... and there's a load of diapers in the wash right now. We haven't gone hungry (yet). But mostly, I'm just waiting until I can snuggle into the couch again and disappear into my book.
It's not such a bad habit, as far as bad habits go... but I probably should set a timer or something.

3 thoughts:

Dana said...

are you going to read gone with the wind this summer?

Courtney said...

That is EXACTLY why I haven't been reading for the past few months! :) :) I get too involved in my books to the neglect of everything else, and I know that's not what God wants for me and my family. So until I can learn to control my book addiction, I'm sort of cut off. ;)

Mary Craig said...

It sounds to me like you are doing pretty good!

Tell us what you are reading!