Tuesday, May 06, 2008

new frontier

I'm thinking of starting something here on the blog - it may fall flat on its face, but hey - I like trying new things!
Every Tuesday (or every Tuesday that I'm around & remember to do this) - I'll be hosting "You Know You're a Mama When..." The past three months have been filled with so many of those moments (most of them pretty darn funny... at least, after the fact) that I thought it would be fun to share, and to hear from some of the other Mamas out there in bloggie-land.
Now, I don't have a pretty button for linkage purposes... and I have basically no html talents, so it may take me a little while to create something worthy. In the meantime, here's the first installment.

You Know You're a Mama When...
You're standing in the bathroom, blow-drying your shirt because you managed to leak through your nursing pad (again). And since you're going out in public that day, and you actually like the outfit you're wearing - you don't care that you'll spend the day walking around with dried breastmilk on your shirt, as long as it's not visible.
Not that this has ever been me. *cough*

Now it's your turn! Hit me with your best shot!

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

You Know You're a Mama When...

Your baby stands up in the bathtub (against my thousands of warnings) and he falls into the faucet and gets a bump on his bum, and when he starts to cry, you grab his wet little slick body and hold it up against you, not caring about getting soaked...then, to top it off, you KISS HIS BARE BUM! :0)

(i immediately ordered the Boon Flo faucet cover...check it out!)

Kaycee said...

You know you are a Mama when...

You are checking your friend's blog for the first time in more than a week when you used to check it every day. AND the only reason you have a second to check it is because you are currently one-handed breast-feeding your 3-week old for the third time in 3 hours and using the other hand to type this comment. :)

Julie said...

You know you're a momma when...

You pee your pants every time you sneeze.