Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Humble Pie

I'm Feeling: preoccupied
Background Noise: Beautiful One by By The Tree

Today seems to be one of those days when I have a lot of thoughts rolling around my head. I have a tendency to stress about things and over-analyze situations that don't go 100% smoothly. Nothing huge today, but just enough to create a traffic jam in the thought flow in my brain.

I did just read something this morning that was one of those things that's really important to hear, but you didn't exactly want to hear it, you know? An oh-that's-exactly-me-I-need-to-work-on-that kind of thing... humbling, to be sure. Here goes: Anyone who rebukes a mocker will get a smart retort. Anyone who rebukes the wicked will get hurt. So don't bother rebuking the mockers; they will only hate you. But the wise, when rebuked, will love you all the more. Teach the wise, and they will be wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn more. Wow. How often do I really enjoy constructive criticism? Not often - I like to figure out what I'm doing wrong, or be told if I ask, but I don't usually respond well to people offering it up without my asking. That's awfully prideful of me. Something to add to my list of things to be working on. :)

I'm meeting up with a good friend tonight - I'm excited about that! My friend Katie is a girl with an awesome heart - she's passionate and warm and not afraid of challenges and one of the bravest people I know.

But I must be going - eight appointments today! Hopefully I can be of use to the students who are coming in to see me today!!

0 thoughts: