Monday, February 14, 2005

Today is...

I'm Feeling: pumped! (and cold, since our radiators have been blowing cold air all day)
Background Noise: Worlds Apart by Jars of Clay

I found this website that has really fun "holidays," to break up the monotony of our normal holidays. So, aside from being Valentine's Day, today is also Ferris Wheel Day! Which sounds really fun, if it weren't 45 degrees, cold and rainy outside today. I have nothing against Valentine's Day per se, but I do feel out of place in my office today (just about the only one NOT wearing pink or red - what can I say, I guess I'm just a big rebel).
I had a really good weekend - I got to go to Bay City with my husband to work at a regional conference for HOSA. Although that meant getting up at 5am on a Saturday, I had a blast helping out (as always). Eight or nine ladies came over Saturday night to spend a night chatting and hanging out - which was really relaxing and enjoyable - Thanks Katie, Laura, Emily, Audry, Jill, Melissa, and Kelsey - I had a lot of fun! And yesterday I got to lay around the house and get things done, which, while not edge-of-your-seat exciting, was just what I needed.
Tonight, I am giving the talk at our Wyldlife meeting - I'm excited, but it's always a little nerveracking to try to speak meaningfully to 20-30 middle schoolers. Praise God for opportunities to make an impact in these kids' lives!
We are heading into prime time for advising, and yet, my office is empty on this fine Monday afternoon. I know this will soon change, so I am making the most of the lull in activity. It's a good thing I love talking to students as much as I do!
Happy Ferris Wheel Day, everyone!!

0 thoughts: