Thursday, February 17, 2005

Sunny days, sweeping the clouds awaaay....

I'm Feeling: refreshed
Background Noise: construction sounds (two men have been replacing our elevator for the past 3 months! What takes SO long in this process is beyond me... but I couldn't do it, so I shouldn't talk)

For the first time in what feels like weeks and weeks, I see sunshine out my window. Granted, it's not perfectly clear, blue skies, etc... but there are shadows on the ground, and that is something for which to be thankful. I know a lot of people are affected by the lack of sunlight, and my friends and I have been joking lately about suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder - which isn't really a funny joke, because it concerns serious depression, not just whiny "I feel bummed" attitudes (which describes me pretty well).
But I am feeling good today, due largely to the fact that I took the day off yesterday. My husband and I wanted to relax a little - both of our schedules are about to get really crazy in March, and we went shopping, ate out at his favorite restaurant (Szechuan, in Canton, MI) and visited family. What a great way to re-energize!
Today is also Random Acts of Kindness Day, according to MY holiday calendar (and since random means: a
lacking a definite plan, purpose, or pattern
b : made, done, or chosen at random; I guess I can't really PLAN to perform random acts of kindness today... I'll just have to wing it!

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww, hi Katie! I miss you.

It is very hard to designate a day for something that's "random," because, like you said, it's not really random if you make a point to do it.

Ridiculous. Still, I LESSTHANTHREE you!! (<3)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I just couldn't stand that it said "1 comments." So now you have two!