Thursday, February 10, 2005

Trying Something New!

Blogging seems to be taking the e-world by storm - almost everyone I know seems to have a blog now. I was talking to my husband Mark about this last night (he recently added a blog to his website at work) and we were commenting on how oddly addicting they are. I must admit, I'm a little nonplussed by this; but I decided to try it for myself anyway.
I've been working on kicking off a new website for Political Science majors here at MSU - to help answer basic advising questions and provide access to as many resources as possible. Mark suggested that I start a blog on the website. Since I am all about riding the wave of the future (I recently created an AIM screenname so that I could do IM advising with my students), I thought, "Why not?" So here's to trying something new.

Basic background information, if you care to know: My full name is Katharine Anne (Reh) Burley. Most of my friends call me Katie or Kate, but at work, most people call me Katharine. (the only name to not ever call me is Kathy!) I graduated from MSU in 2002 with a BA in Advertising and a BA in Supply Chain Management, and graduated again in 2004 with my Master's in Student Affairs Administration (basically a higher ed admin degree). I married Mark William Burley on July 6, 2002, and we live in a beautiful little house in Mason, MI. I started working for the Department of Political Science as the Undergraduate Academic Adviser in August 2004, and I love it!!

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.