Friday, February 11, 2005

Hooray for Friday!

I'm Feeling: a little tired, but good
Background Noise: the ancient radiator in my office is humming

Remember that feeling you had on Fridays when you were in grade school? It was seriously the best day of the weekend - school's almost over, and you have a whole weekend to look forward to. Staying up late, sleeping in, hanging out with your favorite people. I love that I still get that same feeling. Happy Friday, everyone!!
Today, I get to go to Mason Middle School and visit with sixth and seventh graders while they eat lunch. I know, it sounds like a weird way to spend your lunch hour. But there's a very good reason for it - my husband and I spend about 10 hours a week working as volunteer leaders for Wyldlife (the middle school counterpart to YoungLife). It's been awesome - we've been with the group since September, and it's so encouraging! We're really focusing on loving kids (does anyone NOT remember how much middle school stunk??) Such a fun and rewarding way to spend your time.

0 thoughts: