Friday, March 04, 2005

cure for the common cold

I'm Feeling: sneezy (like the dwarf)
Background Noise: All That Jazz by Catherine Zeta-Jones (Chicago Soundtrack)

I've been really excited this winter - I thought I was going to make it through without getting sick. Mark's gotten a couple of colds, and I've managed to stay pretty darn healthy. But this past week, I've been feeling more and more under the weather. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold, which is good, considering all the flu that's been going around.

Medically, there is no cure for the common cold - you can treat your symptoms, but you just have to suffer through until the virus works its way out of your system. However, I have a few ideas about what might really help cure the common cold:

1. lots of ice cream - especially Cherry Garcia
2. spending a few days with good friends
3. watching reruns of your favorite TV show
4. backrubs!
5. more ice cream

My scientific experiment thus begins this weekend. I will try these treatments, and let you know how I'm feeling afterward! Be rooting for me - this is gonna be one tough weekend!!

0 thoughts: