Wednesday, March 09, 2005

I can't get no...


I'm Feeling: a little jealous of this cat
Background Noise: Sunrise by Norah Jones

This picture is from a safari trip in Africa I went on a few years ago - I was actually only about 20 feet away from this jaguar.

Okay, I'm trying to trick you - jaguars live in Central and South America, not Africa, and I took this picture last spring at the zoo in St. Louis, MO - but doesn't this creature look content? Granted, I much prefer my king-sized bed to a big ole rock, but I'm still a tiny bit envious of the state of satisfaction and relaxation. I think lots of us are missing that in our lives today. Not necessarily the actual contentment - but we miss recognizing that we have great things going on that really do make us happy.

What gives me satisfaction? Lots of little things; like being a good friend, re-reading a book I love, playing ping pong with Mark, the pretty sunset I saw last night.

What gives you satisfaction?

ps. If you want something fun to read, try How the Leopard Got His Spots by Rudyard Kipling. It's not quite a story about jaguars, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

0 thoughts: