Thursday, April 14, 2005

ladies and gentlemen...


I'm Feeling: like I could go back to bed for awhile
Background Noise: Hands of the Potter by Caedmon's Call

Here are some of my top fives (in the grand tradition of Mark and Brooks):
Foods
5. green grapes
4. mashed potatoes
3. yummy salads (as opposed to yucky salads)
2. tacos
1. pizza
Movies
5. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
4. Goonies
3. About a Boy
2. A Few Good Men
1. Steel Magnolias (I know it's really sad, but it gets me every time - plus I love Southern accents!)
Songs
5. Angel by Sarah McLachlan
4. How Great is Our God by Chris Tomlin
3. The World's Greatest by R. Kelly
2. If I Stand by Rich Mullins
1. When You Say Nothing At All by Allison Krauss
Quotes
5. What the fat?
4.
May even your nights be filled with sunshine, the busiest of days end nestled in the provider of your sustenance and may you know your guiding light is present even when unseen.
3. The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit.
2. Sometimes, it's not about you.
1. Nobody likes you any less.
Sweets
5. cookie dough ice cream
4. Snickerdoodles
3. anything with chocolate and peanut butter together
2. chocolate cake with chocolate frosting
1. apple pie
Qualities in People
5. motivation
4. wisdom
3. approachability
2. humor
1. sincerity
Physical Activities
5. trying to water ski
4. playing on a trampoline
3. hiking
2. tennis
1. dancing
Books (other than the Bible)
5. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
4. The Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs
3. Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
2. Thursday Next novels by Jasper Fforde
1. All 5 Harry Potters by J.K. Rowling
Things to Do
5. workout - it makes me feel good!
4. go out to eat with friends (food AND good company - can't be beat!)
3. take long walks - the more scenic the better
2. read a good book
1. make things (quilts, blankets, cards, presents, etc...)
Restaurants
5. Qdoba
4. Flat's Grill (East Lansing)
3. Cosi
2. Olive Garden
1. Peninsula Grill (Traverse City)
School Subjects
5. Psychology
4. American Sign Language
3. Literature
2. History
1. Math
Electronic Device/Appliance
5. hair dryer
4. refrigerator
3. microwave
2. cellular phone
1. computer
Stores I Should Buy Stock In
5. Hallmark
4. JoAnn/Michael's
3. Meijer
2. Gap/Old Navy
1. Target
Defining Moments
5. getting dumped by a guy for the first time
4. moving from home to college
3. graduating from grad school/getting a full-time job
2. April 29, 1999 - up til 5:45am - that night changed my life!!
1. Hearing: "I Mark, in the presence of God and these witnesses, take you Katharine..."

Thought for the day: If you could ensure that your children never have one experience that you have had, what would it be, and why?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Quote #3 is up in my classroom. :) :) That along with "Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love." Can you tell I would like my kids to be nicer to each other?

I don't know that there is an experience I have had that I would want to make sure my children did not..... will have to think on that more.

Anonymous said...

Cold Winters