Monday, May 09, 2005

Happy Birthday!


I'm Feeling: really really good
Background Noise: It Is Well by By The Tree (with elevator-replacement noises mixed in)

Obviously, yesterday was Mother's Day - and hopefully we were able to take a minute and reflect on what our moms have meant to us. Today is my mom's birthday - she gets a back-to-back double whammy week here! My mom has given a lot to her family - she has always striven to be fair and encouraged us to strive for success. I'd say (if I may), that she and my dad did an excellent job - my brother and sister are awesome people - creative, funny and smart. Our family has its quirks, as all families do - but we have a rich, silly, emotional and profound history together - and I think that's really cool. So happy birthday, Mom! I love you!

Thought for the day: Saw Kingdom of Heaven last night with Dana and Dave. Save your money. (although I'd like to thank Dave for pointing out that there were times when a redeeming theme/idea presented itself in the movie) What was the last wretched movie you've seen?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

The Notebook (just liked the book more), Harry Potter III (was it based on the book at all?), and the all time worst Fargo!!!

Anonymous said...

What's with this hatred for Fargo? :( That's two people on your blog now who have said they hate it. Poor Fargo.

The last wretched movie I've seen... I can't quite remember (I haven't been renting or going to movies a lot lately) but it was undoubtedly something Michael Biehn was in. Oh, I remember now. Yeah, it was something he was in: Navy SEALs.