Friday, May 06, 2005

I heart bookstores


I'm Feeling: just dandy, thanks for asking
Background Noise: Free Fallin' by Tom Petty

Yesterday on my lunch hour I went to Barnes and Noble... I could seriously spend hours upon hours there (and I have before). I am amazed by two things when I'm in bookstores:
1. How many cool books there are to read - I have a long way to go!
2. How many lame-o books there are out there - how do they get published?
I've always loved to read... at least, as long as I can remember. We'd go to the library almost every week in the summertime when I was a kid - and I'd check out up to 10 books each time! I know this makes me sound like a real dorky kid, but hey. We're all dorks in some way, right? My biggest problem now is finding the time to read all the things I want to read. On the other hand, what fun would life be if you had all the time to do everything you ever wanted, and then you had nothing to look forward to? (I know, I'm stretching it there, but we have to make ourselves feel better somehow, right? :))

It's beautiful outside today - I want to leave the office and take my book to some benches near the Student Services building on campus - it's kinda tucked away, and there's a fountain, lots of trees and flowers. Sunshine, warm air and a good book - sounds like a superb afternoon!

Thought for the day: A "jiffy" is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. I don't think I'll ever purport to be back "in a jiffy" again... pretty sure doing much of anything that fast is impossible.

0 thoughts: