Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I'm a storm girl


I'm Feeling: antsy
Background Noise: Beautiful, Scandalous Night by Bebo Norman et al.

It's supposed to thunderstorm today - and I heart summer storms. I know it's kinda weird - most people love sunshine and puffy, white clouds - not big scary noises and jagged bolts of electricity shooting down from desprate, ominous skies... but I love them both!! I've always liked to watch storms - there is such raw power. I stand in awe of our earth once again. The only downside - it makes my hair freak out (I am exceptionally susceptible to humidity). And I think one of the windows in our bedroom is a tiny bit open. Darn.

Thought for the day: A housefly hums in the middle octave, key of F. I wonder who bothered to take note of that.

3 thoughts:

Dana said...

HOORAY!! I also love thunderstorms. Maybe someday we can sit through a storm together, in a little hut like the one Hagrid finds Harry in the first book. :) You are fun!!

Anonymous said...

You know, I had always noticed the fly buzzing along in the 'F' key. Funny to think someone else noticed.

Anonymous said...

Thunderstorms rule! Especially when its right as you are going to sleep or at least later at night so you can curl up with a good book! (scary ones go well with storms)