Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Spurtle the Sea Turtle


I'm Feeling: antsy
Background Noise: Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer

In our living room, we have a stuffed frog named Buttrub (nothing sketchy - it means that his butt is nice to rub) and a stuffed sea turtle. I got the sea turtle in Vancouver, British Columbia 4 years ago, and I never was able to come up with a good name for him. It was a conundrum - I like to name things (definitely stuffed animals, sometimes plants and cars and other inanimate objects). Well, my little sister recently graduated from college and received the Compact (ha) Oxford English Dictionary as one of her gifts. It's huge, with really really tiny writing - you need a magnifying glass to read it. We came across the word spurtle in some of our literary wanderings, and I decided that it was a great name for our turtle. Mostly because it's fun to say, and because it rhymes.

It's cold outside today, and I'm really starting to wish for summer. Maybe Belgium will be warmer - we leave a week from today!! Everyone keeps asking if I'm excited, but mostly it just doesn't actually feel like we're going. Monday night, I'll be freaking out. Ask me then.

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

We're going to Europe in less than a week? What? I though we had more time than that?