Monday, May 23, 2005

am I truly the last?


I'm Feeling: delightful
Background Noise: hang on, I haven't turned on iTunes yet... Testify to Love by Avalon

Last night, I journeyed back to 1982 via the television set in our living room. With the rental of a truly inspired VHS tape last night (kudos to Mammoth Video in Mason for carrying the best movies!), Dana, Dave, Mark and I revisited our youth (because that's sooo far past, right?) as we watched The Last Unicorn. It was wonderful (and wonderfully silly of course, as it always is to watch movies you adored as a child). An excellent way to end a pretty stinking fun Sunday, I'd say. One of my husband's favorite sayings is "Take note of the moment, for this is your life." That makes me chuckle when I think of last night. My life rocks!

At any rate, I had a really good weekend - two birthday parties on Saturday (yay for Jamie, who turned 30 last week, and for James, who turned 2!!) , good times with our middle school friends at our last official Wyldlife event for the 2004-05 year, lunch at Bennigan's with some truly funny people, quality time with Dana, and realizing that the 2 of us have some a-mazing gourmet cooking skills! And that even though we giggle ridiculously whenever we have a truly inspired idea, Dave and Mark are still caught off guard. (Or at least they pretend, really well - thanks, guys).

What did you do this weekend?

3 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I will stop by your office today and tell you what I did this weekend. Does that sound good...well I hope it does because that is what I am going to do!
Bye now! I am super glad that you had such a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH - I LOVED the Last Unicorn when I was a kid!! Now I totally want to watch it too!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

You stole my blog idea!