Wednesday, June 29, 2005

el pollo loco


I'm Feeling: crazily but happily busy
Background Noise: Carolina in my Mind by James Taylor

I found some pictures of chickens with their heads cut off, but they were a little graphic and disturbing. So I went for the goofy cartoon chicken, which is rather unoffensive. However, the chicken with its head cut off is the general feeling I'm having today. AOP took a solid 4 hours - constantly talking, repeating myself 9 times to 9 different people (of varying degrees of pleasantness), suddenly it was time to meet Mark for lunch at Flat's... then back to the office where I need to make 80 bajillion new folders for all the new students who've come to AOP in the past 3 weeks. Eeek! And - I'll be out of the office tomorrow afternoon, Friday afternoon, and Tuesday. And I thought the summer would be slow! It's better this way, believe me, but it sure does wear on me by the end of the night.

Today's word of the day is widdershins - it means "in a left-handed, wrong or contrary direction: counterclockwise." I think it's funny that left-handed is followed by "wrong." As if those two are synonymous.

Thought for the day: Would you rather have the day be over before you know it, or have it go by slowly but be able to notice every detail?

0 thoughts: