Friday, June 10, 2005

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles...


I'm Feeling: like a traveler!
Background Noise: I'll Join the Rocks by FFH

Paris, in my opinion, is a beautiful city. Like most big cities, there are times when it could be cleaner, or when it doesn't smell very nice... but it's gorgeous. Even the signs for the subway are fancy, see? (Black and white pictures always make things seem fancier, too). We were only in Paris for about 12 hours - rode the train in the morning, and back in the evening. But it was awesome - we saw Notre Dame, Jardin des Tuilleries, the Louvre, traveled to the top of the Eiffel Tower (which is really stinking tall), and a lot of the city just from walking around. I adore the cobblestone streets and wrought iron balconies and street vendors and architecture - there is so much to look at. My rolls of film are primarily filled with images that I thought were pretty or artistic - very few people in them (and if there are people, I tend to take candids). I think my newest ambition is to be a photographer - I have so much fun finding a subject, and making something fairly normal into a really cool picture.

Today, less than 4 days after crossing the Atlantic Ocean, Mark and I are going to cross Canada. I know, not quite the same, but I'm equally excited about this trip. We get to spend the weekend with Mike, Kristen, Timmy and Joshua in Spencerport, NY. I'm pumped! They moved away about a year ago, and Mark and I haven't stopped missing them since. We'll play with the boys, talk, eat, jump on the trampoline... I can't wait.

Thought for the day: Are you good at keeping in touch with friends after they move away?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture! Did you take that? I think you would be good at photography!