Friday, July 08, 2005

take two


I'm Feeling: warm - I just hiked all over campus and Grand River Ave.
Background Noise: Over the Rainbow by Melvin Amina

I wanted to clarify yesterday's post - in no way was I trying to communicate that I am not a happy person. I thought about that as I was writing it, but was hoping it wouldn't come across that way. I think it did, despite my efforts. I meant to say that I'm not sure that one of the first things people notice about me is that I'm happy. I want it to be. Seems like an excellent thing for someone to notice. Correction noted!

On that note, I had a really good night last night. I got some much needed cleaning (perhaps purging is a better word) done in our bedroom, I had a long chat with Dana and Hammer, I got to drive Brooks and Backus to Mason High School (all the Greater Lansing Young Life groups are going to camp at Rockbridge this week in Virginia, so we saw them all off), and I got to talk to Katie, Chelsea, Shannon, Meredith, Joe, Drew and Tony while I was there - it was good to see them and even more great to talk to them. I think sometimes I forget how much I like interacting with people, learning about them and caring about them. Maybe it's because sometimes it seems like such hard work, and other times I think I feel like I barely have a grip on myself, so I'm in no position to offer anything to someone else. Ridiculous, and straight from Satan's mouth to my ears, I know... Hopefully the prodigious feeling I had last night will linger to remind me that those self-defeating thoughts are lies from the Enemy. I ended the night a little cranky, which is a grossly unfortunate and inappropriate cap to my evening - sorry, Mark. I'm all better now! :)

Thought for the day: My favorite restaurant in Traverse City is the Peninsula Grill - we go there almost every time we're up North, and we get to eat there this weekend - yahoo!! Where's your favorite place to eat on vacation?

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Well, it will come as no surprise that the Peninsula Grill is a favorite of mine as well. Lunch time at Qdoba is definitely growing on me as a staple and in the recent past I expereinced CPK (a.k.a. California Pizza Kitchen for you rookies). CPK is a serious delight! I guess that's not really vacation but I'd eat it all on vaction too, I guess!