Thursday, July 07, 2005

Happy People


I'm Feeling: like being happy
Background Noise: Piano Medley III by Scott Rider

Don't Scott, Heather and Ashley look happy? This may seem like a stupid, thank you Captain Obvious kind of statement, but I like happy people. They're much more pleasant to deal with than cranky folks, and they tend to rub off on those around them.

I got to thinking about this last night (Mark and I were at Red Lobster for our anniversary dinner), and we were talking about first impressions of each other. One of his first impressions of me was that I was really happy. I wondered if that was something he (or anyone else) would still say about me... at least in a first impression. Made me feel kinda silly - why would I not want to put the happiest foot forward, and have people walking away from me, and whatever else they may be thinking about me - also think "That Kate Burley is a happy gal." Hm. My food for thought today. Phillipians 2:14 says to do everything without complaining or arguing, which is hard enough - but is that all I really want to strive for? Proverbs has 4 different verses specifically about being cheerful - not just "not whiny." It's easy to not think about the impact of your feelings on others... "I'M the one who's sad," right? I guess I'm saying I'd like to get back to where I was six years ago in this area - and be someone that others will see as cheerful and happy from their very first impression.

Thought for the day: If you could, in retrospect, thank one person for what they taught you, who would it be, and what would you thank them for?

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Amy Dore says it good to dedicate one night a week, one weekend a month and one week a year to spending it with just your spouse. Although difficult to achieve, it's worth striving for.

Anonymous said...

I am a very happy mom because I use Blue Penguin Diapers on my baby. They are eco-friendly. Please look to their website for diapers or baby gifts, www.bluepenguin.biz. Feel free to use discount code CP8154391674.

Thanks!