Tuesday, September 20, 2005

thirty years ago...


I'm Feeling: a little claustrophobic - I didn't leave my office at lunch today
Background Noise: clunky hum of my air conditioner, and music from iTunes that is so quiet it's indecipherable

On September 20, 1975, David Bowie scored his first number 1 hit - "Fame" from his album Young Americans. This doesn't mean much to me, since I wasn't alive in 1975, and since the extent of my David Bowie exposure is Labyrinth and The Wedding Singer. But, it's kinda interesting, so there you go.

Galatians update: through verse 19 now - got 7 more to do by 9:00 tonight. I'm fairly confident, even though I didn't work as hard as I should have (or really at all) on it last night. Once I got home from WyldLife I was just exhausted, and wanted to sit and think without really having to think about anything specific. Interactions can leave me worn out sometimes, and it's good to have some solace time to just be. It was nice to be able to get a little of that last night.

I'm taking Friday off work this week, I think (at least the afternoon). I'm going to visit my good friend Kelsey this weekend, and I could really use a little time away from the office to relax and think about other things. It's easy to lose perspective and get stressed out (for me, at least)... but I'm guaranteed to spend a lot of time laughing, talking, listening, loving and being loved this weekend - I'm so looking forward to it.

0 thoughts: