Friday, February 10, 2006

i love today!

I'm Feeling: accomplished (and so happy!)
Background Noise: The Trouble with Love Is by Kelly Clarkson

This is one of the funniest pictures I've seen in a long time. Makes me want to put a swing set in my backyard. Once it's warm enough, of course.

Well, last night I battled with the force mentioned in yesterday's blog - the war might not be over yet, but I certainly won a battle! Dishes - done. Dirty laundry - removed from our bedroom. Clean laundry - put away. Counter - cleaned off, mail sorted, CDs put away. Hooray! In your face, force!

I also got to sit in the squishy blue velvet chairs at Starbucks for an hour and a half last night with my friend Katie. Had a Cinnamon Dolce Latte (yum!) and talked about life. It was nice to get out of the house, even if I'm an old woman who gets sleepy at 9:00 at night. One of the things I talked with Katie about is how I've been miserable at spending time with God lately. She's going to help hold me accountable to spending time with Jesus everyday. This morning, I read 1 Samuel 16: 1-13. This is where God has Samuel anoint David as the next king of Israel. It's a cool story - God really shows us that His plan works not on sense, but on grace.

I think my good mood today is directly attributed to dragging my butt out of our ultra-comfy bed (the softest flannel sheets EVER in the world, PLUS a featherbed) and spending time with my Savior. It makes all the difference. I also took a couple hours off work this morning to get some things done - I returned cans/bottles at Meijer, exchanged the bunk DVD I bought on Tuesday, got a new charger for my cel phone, went to a bookstore to fruitlessly search for a book by Beth Moore, and picked up lunch for today from Target (it's yucky outside and I don't want to walk anywhere if I don't have to). I've already been more productive today than I've been all week. That either means I'm normally super lazy or I was on warp-speed turbo mode this morning. Probably the latter - I think my Cinnamon Dolce Latte had time-release caffeine, because I woke up super-chatty. Ask Mark. He was bewildered.
 Posted by Picasa

0 thoughts: