Monday, March 27, 2006

red bull, anyone?

I'm Feeling: less than top-notch
Background Noise: Undone by Lifehouse

Ever feel like you need an emotional energy drink to get you through the day? I feel that way right now... I need some sort of injection of life and love and laughter to get my sorry butt moving. My physical energy level is pretty good today - I feel mostly well rested, and I'm excited to go to pilates class in a few minutes. But my emotional energy is dragging its knuckles on the floor and whining. I know it will get better. I know I need to decide to make it better. I know, I know, I know. I'm getting there.

I've been talking with my seventh grade friends about the fruits of the Spirit lately - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I notice that honesty isn't listed. Interesting - I get caught here sometimes - when are we being inauthentic and when are we being positive? When are we being just plain whiny, and when are we genuinely expressing frustration and hurt? At what point will honesty hurt your relationships? I have a problem with this, because I'm a pretty open person by nature. Gets me into trouble on occasion. I think my emotional energy draught is due in large part to my overt moronism when it comes to these things.

I know it will get better. I know I need to decide to make it better. I know. Posted by Picasa

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU. I WILL BE YOUR EMOTIONAL ENERGY DRINK.

*IS SUPPORTIVE AND AWESOME!*

KATIE I LOVE YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING. :D

Katie said...

*smiles and hugs you back*

I love you too, Shmoog.