Wednesday, August 09, 2006

healthy eating

I'm Feeling: like curling up with a good book
Background Noise: Down in the River to Pray by Alison Krauss

Last night, Mark and I went to our friend Jacob's 14th birthday party. He has a beautiful, huge, in-ground pool with a diving board, a chocolate lab named Max, a pet turtle named Alabama (Big Al), and there were Cheetos, burgers, hot dogs and ice cream sundaes.

I must say - the delights of birthday parties do not diminish with age. I had a blast playing in the pool with my teenage friends, and I ate a burger, a hot dog AND my whole sundae (on which I put every available topping, including 2 cherries). I even got a treat bag to take home with me. It was a fabulous way to spend Tuesday night, especially with all the things going on with work these days.

0 thoughts: