Tuesday, August 08, 2006

don't leave, all the plants will die!!

I'm Feeling: a little emotionally worn out about leave-ing (get it? LEAVES... I know, I'm reaching...)
Background Noise: It Doesn't Matter Anymore by Eva Cassidy

I've embarked upon the journey (entirely new to me) of quitting a full-time, professional position. It is so much harder than I thought it would be. Of course, it's big news, so everyone wants to talk about it. Some people are excited for me, some are disappointed that I'm leaving, some are hard to read, some are stand-offish. Mostly, it's nice that people care - but I never really realized how hard it would be to leave a job I've worked hard at, co-workers I've come to respect and care about, and students I've gotten to know and enjoy over the past two years.

Enough brooding.
Suzanne put this in her blog, and I thought it would make a nice distraction for me.

The first player of this game starts with "5 weird things/habits about yourself". In the end you need to choose 5 people to be tagged and list their names. The people who get tagged need to write a blog about their 5 weird things/habits, as well as state this rule clearly, then tag 5 more victims. Don't forget to leave your victim a comment that says "you're tagged!" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. I separate all my silverware in the dishwasher. This makes putting them away SO much easier, it's not even funny. And, I have to have them all pointed up - except for sharp knives, obviously.

2. I don't care which way the toilet paper comes off the roll - I've realized human beings CAN adapt to either setting.

3. I (like Suzanne) make spreadsheets for fun. If I get a chance to use a couple of formulas and do some color-coding... even better.

4. I love to be organized, but when things get out of hand, I tend to like to cover them up and ignore them. Clean folded laundry that needs to be put away will stack up... the dishwasher will remain full of clean dishes, my flower beds become overgrown with weeds the size of a small child... It's not a great strategy, I'll admit.

5. I've become one of those people who won't leave the house without mascara on. I don't wear much makeup, but I've convinced myself I look like Frankenstein if my hair isn't washed and my eyelashes aren't coated with some sort of colored goo.
 Posted by Picasa

0 thoughts: