Monday, August 07, 2006

my life is good

I'm Feeling: blessed, nauseated, calm, nervous and eager all at once (it's busy over here!)
Background Noise: none because my computer is being cranky

What an amazing week!! I got to spend 5 days with 14 absolutely hilarious, sweet, silly, and genuine middle school girls (some pictured on the left) at camp - we got wet and messy, stayed up til 2:30am braiding each other's hair, laughed a lot, went tubing, mountain biking, rock climbing, conquered the ropes course, screamed and sang and prayed and learned about Jesus. You can't ask for a better time. I could blog for weeks telling you silly stories - so if you want to hear some, just ask.

Also - Monday, right before we left for camp, I was offered a new position - working for the College of Business at MSU - and I accepted!! I'll be advising, teaching a freshman seminar on leadership, and helping to coordinate the C o B's new residential program for freshman. I'm super excited about the new job, and simultaneously feeling like puking because of quitting my current job and all the weird, random loose ends I have to tie up here. It's a really, really good move for me, but it's still hard to leave my current position. I pray that the next few weeks pass by quickly.

The job thing helps with my roller-coaster emotions - that was one of the big things that was up in the air that I couldn't control. Camp is always fabulous, because you get to forget about regular life for a week and just laugh and eat and praise God. Thanks for all your faithful prayers - hopefully I have lots of good stories to post soon!!

3 thoughts:

Coryell said...

Way to go!

Julie said...

Contratulations on the new position! I'm glad that camp was so much fun for you and the girls.

Mark and Courtney said...

Congratulations! Starting a new job is always stressful, but you'll feel like you've been there forever in no time! :)