Thursday, September 07, 2006

cocktails and dreams

I'm Feeling: thoughtful
Background Noise: nothing really

Yesterday, I left my house at 7am and returned at 7pm. Work sure can take up a lot of your time. :)

However, I did have the distinct pleasure of hanging out with Mark last night - we ate dinner, walked around Burchfield Park for awhile, then came home and watched (a classic) - Cocktail. It was a good evening.

Lots of things have been rolling around in my mind lately - mostly about the kind of person I am, the kind of person I want to be, the kind of person God wants me to be (hopefully those last 2 are pretty much the same) - and how I get there. I like improvement, I like conquering myself, I like saying "I'm going to be better about that" and actually following through. But it's hard. Really, really hard.

2 thoughts:

Julie said...

Ya know... I've never seen Cocktail. I'll have to check that out sometime.

I know how you feel about becoming a better person (not that I think you need to be different. I think you're just swell!). It's discouraging sometimes. It feels like the list of changes is huge!

I've noticed lately that when I do better in one area, another one pops up that needs attention. It's hard to keep up with myself :) I thank God for the Holy Spirit to keep me in check!

Katie said...

Thanks! It's good to be encouraged on what is a never-ending battle with myself...

Seriously, Cocktail is a fun 80s movie. Not exactly family friendly, but it's got funny outfits, great old music, and some really cheesy moments. What else could you want? :)