Tuesday, October 24, 2006

no restraint

One of the ladies in our office has a candy jar on her desk - and right now, it's brimming with caramels - the kind you really only see at Halloween. I'm pretty good at resisting certain things - but I've found myself grabbing one of these almost every time I pass her desk. They'll be the death of me! (probably not, but it's fun to be dramatic).

It's funny to think about the areas of life where I can show restraint, and others where I find it really hard. Most of the time, I feel as though I'm fighting against my natural inclinations - and that's a good thing, because we're sinful, right? But sometimes I wonder if I'm fighting with the way God intentionally made me. (Not to say that He made me to be a caramel-hoarding weirdo or anything...) I just wonder once in awhile if the reason that it's so hard to change things about yourself is because that's the way you're supposed to be. I think God doesn't always want me to be different - just to learn to use the gifts He gave me in a different way. For some reason, that almost seems harder to me...

1 thoughts:

Kaycee said...

But those kind of caramels are SO hard to resist!! :)