Thursday, October 12, 2006

target DOG!

My first job ever (aside from my free-lance babysitting career) was as a cashier at the Target Greatland in my hometown. I wore lots of red and khaki, called all the customers "guests" and all my fellow employees "team members," and got a whopping 10% discount on my purchases. I won't say that I loved it, but I had a lot of fun, and will always have a soft spot in my heart for Target.

Being part of the Business College means that there are recruiters here all the time, trying to win students over for their corporation. Yesterday, Target was here wooing our students. And I got a free stuffed "Target Dog" out of it! He's wearing a red turtleneck sweater with a "T" on it. I'm pretty much really thrilled about that.

Oh, and FYI (you know you were wondering...) the red bullseye on his eye is painted on for live "performances" and is digitally added to his commercials. Interesting...

0 thoughts: