Monday, February 26, 2007

my yummy weekend

So much better than last weekend... I watched 4 hours of high school wrestling on Saturday, then made tacos and enjoyed dinner and 2 games of Settlers (Seafarers, actually) with Mark and our friend Scott. The three of us polished off twenty-four cookies without breaking a sweat (okay, that last part might not be true... the last 3 (one for each of us) were a little tough to manage. Somehow, we fought through).

Scott and his family live in Tulsa now - but we've known them since Scott was in med school at MSU 5 or 6 years ago. We had a blast. I really wish Liz and the kids could have been there - we laughed really hard, caught up on life in general, told stories, and just relished the way God builds relationships and protects them from time and distance.

Sunday was church, then lunch with Scott - then Mark and I drove to Detroit to pick up Brooks and Abbey (they were in GA looking for jobs this weekend) - and we had a really fun dinner with them at the Texas Roadhouse. Ate way too much again. It's the kind of place where I KNOW I will eat until I get a bellyache - and I do it anyway because it tastes so good. You can throw your peanut shells on the floor, the rolls come with cinnamon butter, and they put three cherries in my Cherry Coke. What else could you want, I ask?

Praise God for blessings - little and big. And for moments that remind you that there is more than this life - but this life can be full of love, laughter and joy.

0 thoughts: