Thursday, March 22, 2007

I <3 sunshine!!

When I first moved to Michigan, people talked about Seasonal Affective Disorder (appropriately acronymed SAD) - where in the 11 months of the year that it's cloudy (ok, a slight exaggerations), you actually experience an emotional response - depression or sadness... I thought it was kinda crazy. Yeah, it's more fun to have the sun shine, but does cloudiness REALLY make people depressed?
YES.
I don't suffer from SAD as much in the sense that I'm depressed in the winter as that I notice a marked change when the sun comes out and spring shows up. My mood is SO MUCH BETTER on days like today (almost 60 degrees, sunny) than on yucky mucky winter days. I love it. Plus, I'm driving to Chicago tonight to visit the family, and it's much more fun to drive when the weather is nice. Makes being in a car for 4 hours as enjoyable as possible.
So have a great weekend - enjoy the sunshine and the springy weather!!

0 thoughts: