Monday, March 26, 2007

a meme for Monday

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:29am on the clock in our bedroom… which is actually 5:19am everywhere else in the Eastern Time Zone.

2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds – somehow the pearls speak to a level of refinement I just don’t possess. I like sparklies.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I don’t know if I’ve ever been to the cinema. But the last movie I saw at the theater was, um… Music and Lyrics. (I had to check and see which movies have been out recently)

4. What is your favorite TV show? I watch Friends on DVD, Gilmore Girls on DVD (not the current episodes) and Scrubs on DVD. I don’t watch much current TV – although I caught one episode of the “Grease” reality show, and thought that was fun. I like singing and dancing.

5. What did you have for breakfast? Apple – all sliced up.

6. What is your middle name? Anne.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Mmm… we like Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Japanese, American… I even had Hungarian a few months ago, and it was also VERY good.

8. What foods do you dislike? Onions… oysters… that’s about it.

9. What are your favorite chips? I like the Baked Ruffles. And the Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? I’ve been listening to a lot of Billy Joel’s Greatest Hits. Old school all the way.

11. What kind of car do you drive? A Nissan Versa Hatchback. I’m in love with it.

12. Favorite sandwich? A club, I guess. I like melty cheese.

13. What are characteristics you can’t stand? Unreliability, rudeness, self-centeredness. I’ve been known to display all of these at one time or another. Or another.

14. What are your favorite clothes? I love my Old Navy sweatpants – they’re two sizes too big, and I could live in them. Otherwise I like comfy skirts and gauchos in the summer – I like comfy, soft, moderately stylish… and if I can be barefoot – even better.

15. If you could go anywhere on vacation where would you go? I’d love to go to Australia with Mark… back to Europe with Megan… to the beach/on a cruise with anyone who will come along…

Where is sixteen? Sliding away into the past… with all my baggy tshirts, scrunchies, and the 1985 Chevy Celebrity I drove back then.

17. Where would you want to retire? A house in the mountains on a lake in North Carolina or Tennessee – in a small town but about 30 minutes from a big town. Not too picky, huh?

18. Favorite time of day? Mornings – once the sun is up. And sunset in the summer.

19. Where were you born? Bolingbrook, IL.

20. What is your favorite sport to watch? I can handle college football – I like baseball in person (mostly because of hot dogs and peanuts and things like that) – and I’ll watch MSU play hockey – or the NCAA tournament.

21. Coke or Pepsi? Whichever is on sale, although I try not to drink much of either.

22. Beavers or ducks? No thanks.

23. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Morning – once I’ve had a shower.

24. Pedicure or manicure? Pedicure. I pick at my fingernails… getting a manicure is about as useful as flushing $35 right down the toilet.

25. What did you want to be when you were little? A mommy, mostly I think.

26. What is your best childhood memory? Messing around with my siblings I guess – at grandmas, at the pool – wherever.

27. Ever been to Africa? No…

28. Ever been toilet papering? I don’t think so (that’s pretty sad that I can’t remember…)

29. Been in a car accident? Only a couple minor fender benders until about 6 weeks ago. Then I totaled my brand new car. God kept me (and the other gal) very VERY safe.

30. Favorite day of the week? Saturday – work is over, and it’s not almost Monday.

31. Favorite restaurant? I love going to the Peninsula Grill near Traverse City… but we go to Smokey Bones a lot too.

32. Favorite flower? Roses.

33. Favorite ice-cream? Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia.

34. Favorite fast food restaurant? *hides* I’m a sucker for McD’s – I know it’s gross, but sometimes, it just tastes SO GOOD.

35. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Once – although we did some research, and my teacher failed me for something that isn’t actually illegal. I passed for real the next time.

36. From whom did you get your last e-mail? A student in the program I coordinate.

37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Never ever ever would max out a credit card… but probably could do some real damage at Ann Taylor Loft.

38. Last person you went to dinner with? My sister and I picked up Jimmy John’s subs this weekend and brought them home to eat. Does that count?

39. What are you listening to right now? Big Shot by Billy Joel (told you)

40. What is your favorite color? All of them.

41. How many tattoos do you have? None. Although I just had a dream that I was going to get one. It was weird.

42. How many are you sending this Email to? No one – it will be posted on my blog, which is read by about 4 people.

43. What time did you finish this e-mail blog entry? Dunno – I’m not done yet.

44. Favorite magazine: Real Simple

45. Coffee or tea? Coffee – although it has to relatively doctored up… I ordered a decaf tall easy vanilla nonfat no-whip Cinnamon Dolce latte at Starbucks this weekend. YUM.

46. Do you tan easily or burn easily? Burn. Then peel. Then freckle… then the cycle starts over.

47. Do you color your hair? If so, how often? Nope – I go with the natural mousy brownish color. It’s irresistible.

48. What was the first car you ever purchased without the help of your parents? The Nissan Versa I currently am driving.

49. What is your most dreaded household chore? Gosh – I detest dusting. I’m no good at putting away clean, folded laundry (don’t mind the other steps of the laundry chore). I’m sure I could stand to clean the corners of the kitchen more often. And I’m miserable at pulling weeds. Good homemaker, I am, huh??

50 Who do you tag to complete this meme? Whoever wants to. I’m too wishy washy to actually tag anyone.

0 thoughts: