Tuesday, March 20, 2007

prayer of my heart

When I was growing up, we had crocus lining the front walk - they were always a good (and welcome) signal that spring was coming. Mark and I don't have any at our house now, but there's something in the air that feels like spring may be starting to get serious about showing up. It's supposed to be sunny and 41 today - not super warm, but sunshine is always welcome, and is just as much a sign of spring in Michigan as rising temperatures and little purple flowers.

I've been neglecting my blog a little bit lately, and that's been deliberate. It's been a really rough week or two (a rough winter, for that matter) and I felt like the only thing I would do if I blogged was complain. And I don't want to do that. Whining about the tough stuff won't make it better or easier.

Lord, You are faithful. You are constant. I praise You for being Lord of my life, and for gently reminding me that You are good - through good times and bad. The circumstances of my life do not change Your holiness, Your incomprehensible grace for me. I know I am resting safely in Your hand, and though my life feels so very out of my control, that You are guiding me. You have never left me. Lord, I thank You that You can be seen in all things - in joy and in sorrow. Thank You that when I am weakest, Your strength is made perfect. I am learning the secret of being content in all circumstances - You know that I'm not very good at it yet, but I am learning. Father, I praise You for Your bigness - that You cover all things, and in You all things hold together. Hold me together, Lord. Thanks for little joys - I will treasure those up and store them, knowing that every good and perfect gift comes from You.

0 thoughts: