Wednesday, September 26, 2007

preparations

I chatted with my mom last night - we're trying to figure out a way to have a baby shower (hosted by her) but held here. And it's not always easy to plan events from 4 hours away. We'll give it a go.
It made me think about all the little (and big!) things on my "Baby" list that need to be done. There are registries, decorations, furniture, etc... It's funny how easy it is to focus on these things. They seem so big, yet when I am able to breathe and focus - I re-realize how very small they really are in comparison to the rest of my "To-Do" items. I've decided to make a new list - of the things that are infinitely more important, and much more likely to be overlooked in the day-to-day busy-ness of life.
Katie's Revised Baby To-Do List
1. Remember that this child is a precious son or daughter of the King. In no way does it, or will it ever belong to me or to Mark.
2. Pray diligently. For health, wisdom, patience, insight, trust, faith... and for the unknown future of this little one. May God be glorified every step of the way.
3. Enjoy all the little moments alone with my husband. We will soon be a family of three, and "our" time is precious.
4. Be in the moment. I have a tendency to look forward and make plans. I find myself looking at February as "the beginning." But I've been sharing life with this little one for almost five months. It is now. And these days are not to be undervalued.
5. Look to the Lord. Not just in motherhood, or as someone who tries every day to become a more godly wife... but as His daughter. I can find rest in the shadow of His wings. When I remember that my life is not my own - He gives peace and joy that cannot be explained. I love that.

0 thoughts: