Monday, February 04, 2008

Stay-At-Home... Bum?

Technically, I guess I'm already a mama. I mean, I *have* a baby - it's just not available right now. But it's hard to consider myself a stay-at-home-mom when I'm essentially home by myself.
Here's the agenda for today:
Clean floors after 30-ish teenagers invaded our home for a Super Bowl party last night. CHECK.
Run dishwasher after 30-ish teenagers invaded our home for a Super Bowl party last night. CHECK.
Make the bed. CHECK.
Go grocery shopping & return all our cans for a refund (finally!)
Do some cooking for freezer meals once Baby B is on the scene.
Get desktop computer up and running again (this one may take awhile).
Clean up Baby B's room. Again. Because it has turned into my own personal craft studio.
Maybe if I get most/all of these things done I won't feel like such a bum - it's just really funny to be at home and know you're not on vacation from work... to know that you're just plain not going back. Weird.
I DID manage to make Mark's backpack-style diaper bag this weekend (he picked out the fabric himself, and has already named it Midnight), and made a ring sling for carrying Baby B around... I'm feeling pretty good about those projects being done. Once I get my SAHB act together, I'll post a picture or two.

3 thoughts:

Julie said...

You deserve this time! Don't feel guilty at all. I'm glad that you have time to do more nesting and relaxing.

Hope to see you soon :)

Mary Craig said...

Oh, those sweet nesting days. I would work feverishly on something and then crash. And then get up and do it all again!

junglemama said...

Rest while you can! :)