Saturday, January 10, 2009

don't ask me

Hazel likes to help me with the laundry. And by help, I mean that she likes to pull dirty laundry out of the basket, pull fresh-from-the-dryer laundry out of the basket, and (best of all) uproot piles of clean, folded laundry and (you got it) pull them out of the basket.

This morning she was helping me fold her diapers (by pulling cloth wipes out of the basket) - and she's helped me like this for weeks (months?) now, so it's not a new pasttime. However, today she decided that everything she pulled out of the basket needed to be placed on top of her head. I don't know why (she wasn't exactly forthcoming with her reasoning). We don't usually play with laundry that way.

The best I can figure, she was playing "Where's Hazel?" by trying to cover herself up... but it was so stinking cute. I love watching her figure out her own games and silly things to do, and wondering to myself "Where on earth did she get that idea??"



















0 thoughts: