Tuesday, February 17, 2009

new world

I have a daughter.

How old is she, you ask?

She's ONE!!

Happy (late) Birthday, darling baby girl. You have grown my heart, my character and my love so abundantly this year. So many smiles, so many tears, so many heart-swelling moments have passed between us. I adore your face, your sweet smile, the way your eyes sparkle and the fact that whenever confronted with anything or anyone new, you frown.

It has been such a treat to watch you grow and change this year, Hazel Maryn. I am thrilled to be the woman chosen to be your mama - to get to watch your life unfold. God has big, beautiful plans for you, and I pray that you will learn to lean on Him and follow His path. I'm still working on that myself, but I will do my very best to show you how to seek Him, how to fall on His grace, and that no matter what - no matter what - He is good.

Here's to a heckuva year, little Hazelnut. Happy Birthday!

2 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Katie, I cannot believe Hazel is one congrats on your first year. Also congrats on the new baby. I am due in July with my second.

Chantel
(from HOSA)

Tiffany said...

WOW, a year already. That went by so fast, they grow up so fast!! :)