Thursday, August 13, 2009

thoughts

As we wait for the arrival of our littlest, it's impossible to keep the whirling thoughts in my brain settled down into neat rows and columns. Instead - I have a tumbling waterfall of mental musings, spilling over the edge, into the pool... splashing bigger speculations and reflections back up off the surface, to be examined again.

They range from intense, soul-searching thoughts to very basic questions.

.....

My heart breaks a teensy tiny bit for Hazel - even though I KNOW that a sibling is a true gift to her... we will lose our Mama-Daughter-Duo act. A chapter is ending - and although the next chapter will be excellent - it's still a little sad.

How will I take a shower with a toddler and a newborn in the house?

My beautiful little daughter is growing up - she will be the BIG sister - and I'm so excited to see the sibling love that will exist between these two critters.

How long can you REALLY hang out, dilated to 5 or 6cm?? Check out a ruler if you want to weird yourself out...

Family of FOUR. Wild.

What about the kidneys? Will it be an easy fix? Are we in for more stretching, more growth, more stepping out in faith than we've ever known? Will my baby be in pain?

Boy? Girl? Name? (we've got the boy's name settled - girl is still up for grabs a little bit)

Will I feel as inside-out as I did after Haze was born - or is there an element, however small, of having "been here before" to the transition?
....

For the record - I'm not overdue (due date is this Sunday) - so my impatience is only founded in knowing that it will likely be VERY soon... and still not knowing exactly when. But Baby is still technically "early" at this point - and s/he is proving to be un-rush-able.

At any rate - we are SO STINKING EXCITED to meet this little one. Trying to wait on God's timing is tough when you're wanting to meet a new person you already are dearly in love with.

2 thoughts:

Kaycee said...

I have had that same shower thought for you! ;-)

Praying for you, Mark, Hazel, and the baby (especially the kidneys).

So excited for you and your family!! Can't wait to hear there's a family of four! :)

his wife, their mama said...

I used to shower with Ivie; I'd put Elly down for her morning nap, throw bath toys in the tub and be thankful for being clean, even if it meant sharing my space with a wee one!

As a mum of three, I get a good chuckle out of your thoughts, because I went through that with each child I added to the bunch.

I can't wait for you all to be able to meet your little one.