Friday, March 11, 2005

Family Time


I'm Feeling: Happy it's Friday
Background Noise: Fever by Eva Cassidy

Since the roads were so icky last night, we didn't get to go see our new nephew - bummer! Mark will go visit him tonight (I'm leaving straight from work to go home to Bolingbrook, IL and visit with my family). While I am not at all excited about the drive (traffic + construction = crummy Friday night), I am looking forward to the visit. The picture is my big brother, my little sister, and me at Christmas. As a good and loyal sister - Meg is sporting her MSU gear - Go Green!!

This week, I brought in some silk flowers and flower tape, and transformed a few normal pens into happy gerbera daisy pens - they are sitting on my desk in an MSU mug, looking very happy. Two reasons to do this - 1. students are much less likely to walk away with my pens now that they are gaudy, and 2. I think they look pretty. I've gotten 3 or 4 compliments on them this week too, so I think I'm gonna make some more for the other gals in the department - it's just more fun to write anything when there is a big pink flower attached to your pen! :)

Happy Friday!

0 thoughts: