Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Freaky Tuesday?


I'm Feeling: revved up
Background Noise: Turn, Turn, Turn by The Byrds

On my calendar of funny, little-known holidays, today is also known as Freak Out Day. I think that's kind of funny... yesterday would have been a much better Freak Out Day for me - I really felt as though I got to the office at 8, then turned around and it was 4:45... not that that's a bad thing, but I definitely didn't get all the things done I wanted to do. It freaked me out a little, since I like to stay on top of my 'junk.'

It does make me wonder what kinds of things make people freak out - sometimes it's things that make us uncomfortable, or awkward or embarrassed, but usually, stuff we are afraid of is what freaks us out. Everyone is afraid of something, and the funny thing is that sometimes fear is motivating, and sometimes it's debilitating. What makes the difference? Is it our personality or the situation? Does it depend on the day? Or the particular fear?

Thought for the day: What are you most afraid of? (or, to use proper grammar: What is thing of which you are most afraid?)

1 thoughts:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid of being disliked.